Monday, July 1, 2013

Slow Going

Putting the final rows together of my red and white log cabin has been going slower than I anticipated.  But it's summer and I am enjoying it! :)  You may have seen when I started these log cabin blocks way back in January, and again here.  And due to our being in transition between houses - space was just not available and it became very difficult to sew.  Fortunately we've moved into our new home, I've got my machines up and running, and you could see I was making progress again.


I finally got the rows pieced together - and numbered them with my Frixion Pilot pens so I don't get them out of order.  I love them!  A touch with the iron, and poof! the lines vanish.  [I have to be careful - I actually marked on something one time and left it lying on a spot of my work table that was touched by direct sunlight - I came back and the lines had disappeared on that section of my fabric!] 

Not a lot of time today, I have to get to work in a few, so I HOPE to finish up my sashing tomorrow.

In the meantime, I had a some time (and quiet) early this morning, so I sat on the porch with my iced coffee before the heat set in, and got on my laptop.  I have really been enjoying EQ7's Summery Drawing Series.  This morning was block 3.  It's been really useful in helping me get acquainted with all the bells and whistles of this wonderful software.  I worked with the "PatchDraw Block" this morning.
The possibilities are endless!

Also sharing a couple purchases :) 

These lovely hand dyed fabrics from Ruby Mountain Dye Works 













and these yummy fat quarters from Me and My Sister Designs - part of Ticklish Collection
Last but not least, I will be participating in Sew We Quilt's  Ho, Ho, Ho Blog Hop - part of a Christmas in July celebration.  So I've started pulling out fabrics to begin getting the idea bank churning to see what I can come up with.
I enjoy participating in the hops.  It gives me a chance to try some new things out, and it also pushes me to do a little more.  The hop will be July 31st thru August 9th.  My blog will be on the hop August 8th.  Hope you can stop by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also like . . .